It’s that time again! The annual newsletter is out (find it in your mailbox or by the front door).
RSMA is continuing a long term neighborhood tradition! Join us for live music, tacos, frozen tee shirts, water balloon toss and more!
Ok… So we are a little late this year…
Watch for the newsletter and membership info on your doorstep this weekend! In addition to keeping tabs on City Hall doings (like the San Carlos intersection project, Shadelands rezone, John Muir etc.), we have an exciting event year planned. Old favorites like the Easter Egg Hunt, and quarterly meeting of interest to the neighborhood will be back. See the newsletter for a big change in the plans around the annual dinner!
As always… Please contact us if you are interested in a participating as either a Board member or volunteer for one of the events.
Looking forward to an exciting 2016!
Annual RSM Neighborhood Meeting & Social Mixer
Special Guest – Mayor Bob Simmons!
Please join us for the annual neighborhood gathering and report from the Board
When: Saturday, October 24th
Where: RSM Swim Club
Time: 4:30pm until 7:00pm
What: Social Mixer from 4:30pm until 6:00pm, followed by the Annual RSM Neighborhood Association Meeting
On Saturday, October 24th, please join us at the RSM Swim Club for a Social Mixer and the Annual RSM Neighborhood Association Meeting. This is your opportunity to meet your RSM neighbors, enjoy a variety of appetizers, wine and soft drinks and to learn about your RSM Neighborhood Association. Kids are welcome! There is no charge for this event.
Rancho San Miguel Association invites everyone in the neighborhood to come on out and enjoy a movie under the stars with your friends and neighbors. We will be setting up a projector screen on the El Divisadero Field for a night of family fun. We will start with some cartoons for the kids, then follow that up with “Back to the Future” for the main feature. Bring out your picnic blankets and lawn chairs(not too tall please) around 7:30 and the fun will start around dusk. Some light refreshments will be provided but feel free to bring your own. We’re looking forward to seeing you all there.
On July 23rd, the RSMA Board and concerned neighbors met with the Regency Management to hear a presentation about our shopping center, the Fresh & Easy space, and future changes. RSMA neighbors listened, had suggestions and voice concerns about noise, crime, and construction impacts on their homes. Please see the recap below:
- Regency is pushing for a grocery store, or drug store as a distant second, but nowhere near a confirmed tenet.
- Could rework the existing tenants to create more square footage for grocery space.
- They are looking at redoing the food court area within the next year.
- Potentially giving the whole center a face lift within the next 5 years.
- The current tenants all do good business, so no anticipated departures.
- Regency is exploring alternate grocery store ideas: Market Hall concept, Fish monger, Produce, etc.
- Prospective Tenants for the F&E space and response by Regency
Fresh & Easy will be paying rent until the end of their lease. Potentially till the end of September.
- Walmart Express – rather have the Rite Aid.
- Rite Aid – Interested, but seeing how grocer turns out first.
- Restaurant – Prefer a grocer, but open to it.
- Hardware – Would take business from Encina Grande.
- Auto Parts – Not happening.
- Diablo Foods – They have not spoken, not likely but open to it.
- Lunardi’s – They have spoken, no word.
- New Leaf – They have spoken, no word.
- Sprouts – Not interested.
- (as suggested/asked about by RSM neighbors)Trader Joe’s – Not interested.
- Neighborhood Requests:
- Request to limit construction hours for stores that are remodeling.
- Ask Kinders and Peets employees to not smoke behind their respective stores (Potential fire hazard.)
- Change garage collection hours.
- Encina Grande:
- Current phase should be done in the fall.
- Safeway lease up at the end of September.
- Will begin Whole Foods phase once Safeway is out.
- Business is doing well for current tenants, despite construction.
- RSMA to do’s:
- Meeting with the City Manager – ideas for agenda?
- Current crime issues in RSM.
- Code violations by the shopping center.
- Update on intersection rebuild.
RSMA will host a movie night on August 22, 2015 at dusk. Check back here for location (probably El Divisidero Park) and movie selection.